Do you know how to build and sustain workplace relationships and a highly-functional team? Do you like to think innovatively? Can you communicate and connect with people? Are you highly organized and detail-oriented? Then this job may be for you!
My Doctor Medical Group, a private membership-based concierge medical practice in downtown San Francisco, is recruiting for an experienced and technologically-savvy office manager.
My Doctor Medical Group takes an agile, team-based approach, with attention to people-centered design and intelligent application of technology. We embrace clinical complexity, achieving superior outcomes by utilizing appropriate evidence-based methodologies combined with outside-the-box thinking. Much of our work is primary medical care for high-functioning professionals and their families, but we also have deep expertise in several other specialties. Because of our mission and vision, we attract the highest-caliber team of healthcare providers and administrative staff. Because we are physician-owned and operate privately outside of insurance contracts, we practice with the highest ethical and privacy standards and without the conflicts of interest inherent in corporate medicine.
Our Practice Areas
- Concierge primary medical care: Adult medicine, geriatrics, family medicine, and integrative medicine.
- Behavioral medicine and mental health: Addiction medicine, mental health care, biofeedback, and psychedelic-assisted therapy (ketamine and, when approved, MDMA).
- Specialized COVID-19 testing: for international travel and employer groups.
- You may examine our website https://mydoctorsf.com for a more complete description of our services and practice.
This position is an outstanding opportunity to work directly with our physicians, Paul Abramson MD and Deena Neff MD, to lead a small cohesive team in an integrated private practice. Other physicians and our own patients refer challenging cases to us for our expertise, advanced level of service, and commitment to optimal patient outcomes. Our spacious offices in the historic 450 Sutter medical-dental building in downtown San Francisco have a curated modern design. Our collegial environment has an academic feel that offers many ongoing opportunities for learning and growth. We are committed to creating a positive concierge experience for our patients and staff and building lasting, transformative relationships.
Our integrative team consists of two full-time physicians, a clinical psychologist, a marriage and family therapist, an acupuncturist, per-diem RNs doing our COVID-19 testing, the office manager, four patient care coordinators, and a bookkeeper. Members of our clinical staff have autonomy, practice at the top of their license, and support each other’s professional development and well-being. Our patient care coordinators are intelligent, motivated, and dedicated.
The successful candidate will be an extremely personable, experienced medical office manager who has a sharp mind, top-notch management and team-building skills, technology savvy, detail orientation, and the ability to communicate and connect with patients and staff on a human level.
- The position is a leadership role in a concierge medical practice with opportunities for growth, career development, and job satisfaction.
- Plan, direct and monitor all practice operations to achieve excellence in the delivery of patient care while creating a positive and cohesive working environment in close collaboration with the medical director.
- Act as the liaison between the owner/medical director, clinical staff, admin staff, referral sources, and the patients.
- Train and manage the staff to work as a cohesive team with an effective delegation of roles and responsibilities and a system of accountability and support.
- Collaborate with our human resources and staffing consultants, and the medical director, to recruit, hire, onboard, manage performance evaluations and structured feedback, and (rarely) termination for administrative and clinical staff.
- Take an active role in the telephone, online, and in-person front-line service of patients and vendors to maintain close involvement with the team’s optimal performance and model a high concierge customer service level.
- Work with the medical director and consultants to implement quantifiable goals & metrics for staff performance, budgets and finances, marketing, practice model improvement, and referral development. Simultaneously drive each agenda forward while providing timely reports.
- Maintain situational awareness of all aspects of the business and keep the physicians apprised of the practice's performance and areas of risk.
Required Experience and Abilities
- BA/BS is required.
- Requires a minimum of 3 years of medical or dental office people management experience and five years of experience in health care settings.
- Deep working knowledge of medical terminology and medical practice with a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Leadership: Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative, motivational and supportive working relationship with the entire team: physicians, other licensed providers, and administrative staff.
- Ability to lead by example, demonstrating professionalism, punctuality, communication skills, integrity, attention to detail, and initiative.
- Systems thinking. Take a continuous improvement mindset and help design, document, implement, and maintain systems that keep our practice running smoothly despite changes.
- Quick, nimble problem-solving. The ability to learn new things and readiness to pivot in new directions in response to changing situations.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate effectively, and ensure the completion of tasks and projects while elevating relationships.
- Work with our human resources and compliance consultants to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws.
- Excellent telephone skills, sales and customer service skills, and the ability to train our staff to a high level of performance.
- Ability to optimize the budget, accounts receivable, and accounts payable in concert with our bookkeeper, accountant, and owner/medical director.
- Must be interested in, non-judgmental about, and comfortable serving medical patients and people whose issues include mental health or addiction.
- Able to protect the confidentiality of patients and practice information at all times while implementing privacy practices to the standard required by HIPAA, CMIA, and 42 CFR part 2.
- Extremely agile with technology. Fluent in Mac OSX, able to pick up new systems quickly, including Google Workspace, email ticketing systems such as Zendesk, electronic medical records, and other cloud-based systems.
About the Physicians
Paul Abramson MD founded My Doctor Medical Group in 2008. Dr. Abramson holds two degrees in electrical engineering from Stanford, an MD degree from UCSF, trained in integrative medicine with Dr. Andrew Weil, and has a unique ability to design systems that integrate high-quality traditional medical care with innovative technology. You can read our physicians’ bios here: Paul Abramson MD and Deena Neff MD.
The position offers competitive compensation DOE, a complete and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, commuter, paid time off, and eligibility to participate in our 401(k) and profit-sharing retirement plans. It requires in-person, full-time work at our office in downtown San Francisco.
You may find more on our website: https://mydoctorsf.com/.
No phone calls or direct e-mail, please. All inquiries must be through this application process. This position may be most appropriate for local candidates.